Tuesday 12 March 2013

The Grapes Effect!


Heya! So I had been to Sula Vineyards, Nashik. Nashik is India's largest grape growing region & Sula is a brand which is famous for wines. Sula emerged as India's largest wine producer after completing a decade in 2010..


Ya, ya i know alcohol is haraam! I never went there for wines as such! 
Actually grapes are my favorite fruit & I had never seen a grape vineyard before. This was an opportunity for me & I had a really good time.


You can actually see the grapes here!

Roses & other flowers are grown around the borders of the grape field.
This is done in order to come to know about any infection that would happen in the soil. As rose is a delicate plant, it catches infection much earlier & thus the grapes can be saved.

 I also saw the entire process of wine making. 
Grape juice are stored in these huge cylinders for  fermentation at a really low temperature
The last process

My friends did activities such as wine tasting & grape stomping. As obvious, I didn’t do either. Grape stomping was also out of question for me as I don’t believe in stomping on food! I was really disappointed seeing all thatL Wasting so much of food here & there are people in the other parts of the world who are starving! Sad, but there’s nothing I can do.
Empty glasses before the wine tasting


Grape stomping

Anyways, I was just moving about the place & enjoying the beautiful scenic location. It was a really good place for photography as wellJ
Gorging on food as if we were starved! My mouth is filled with food! lol





















Finally checking whether the pics have come out good. (Yes, they did!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment