Thursday 15 August 2013

Being Indian

Here’s wishing all my fellow Indians a very HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! On this 67th year of independence, I wish a bright future for my country. I wish India to be free from corruption, a place where women feel safe & secure, a place where there is no caste difference & all the people are treated equally. Where there is no religious or gender discrimination, where every person can earn a decent livelihood for himself.

Today everybody feels proud of being an Indian, but this feeling shouldn’t die down with the day. There are a lot of small things that we can do every day in order to make this place better.

Please do not litter in public. This is a very common habit in Indians, to throw away wrappers or waste on the roads or outside the trains. We should refrain from doing so, and also discourage others if we see anybody else doing the same.

Always be respectful in your speech. Do not use foul language or yell in public. Always maintain a decency level.

Respects other people & their religion as you would expect them to respect you. Do not hurt the sentiments of others with your speech or action.

Be proud of who you are. Nowadays, I see a lot of youngsters who fake an accent & look down upon people who speak a local language. Why? We should be proud of who we are! Be proud of talking in Hindi; it is our national language. Hindi me baat karne se koi chota nahi ho jata.

I would like to end this post with my favorite version of our national anthem. Watching this every time gives me Goosebumps & brings tears in my eyes. I hope you like it too!

Feel proud of being an Indian!

Jai Hind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment